Friday, April 13, 2012

TGIF! Happy Friday to everyone out there! =) 
I have a elegant and simple card to give to a wonderful couple that is getting married today.
I had a hard time deciding exactly what to do and where the main focus should be. I think I make most of my cards just about the same way, even though I really like to challenge myself. I will probably start using sketches to help me broaden my creativity! Now on to today's project.

before
 
As I'm posting this I'm looking at that B and thinking it needs a lil bling!

after



 I may have gotten a lil carried away, but a girl can never have too much bling. =)

I started off with 3 DCWV stacks. Tres Chic is the background paper, the black sparkly paper and white glimmer paper on the flag are from the La Creme cardstock and the B is from the alphabet stack. (I got that one on clearance at Joann's never even thinking I was going to use it)
The pink/red paper is from recollections and has a sheen/glimmer to it also.
I used the CTMH art philosophy cartridge to cut out the frames. 
The black one is cut at 4" and the pink at 3".
I used the Jaded Blossom flag die set and their Babies and Weddings stamp set for the sentiment



Since I wasn't sure what to write on the inside and don't have any sentiment stamps for this type of project (I will be finding some in the future for sure!) I found a website with lots of sayings for the inside of cards (can't remember the website sorry.) Then I used my Imagine to print on the inside of the card. It is so easy to do and makes it look very professional. Let me know if anyone has questions on how to do this. 

Close to My Heart monthly special:
 Boy does this months stamp have a ton of stuff on it. You can get it for $17.95, or if you place an order for $50 or more you can get it for just $5.00. a HUGE savings of $12.95!!



Thanks everyone! Hope you all have a good weekend. I am having a good friend come over tomorrow for some crafting (providing she doesn't go into labor) So I might post our projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments!!