Friday, April 6, 2012

Bestfriends card

Happy friday! It's been a busy week around our house and TGIF! Today's project is a card I made for a really good friend that I don't get to see as often as I wish. She lives far away, but comes up to visit this area a few times a year and we always make a point of hanging out. This time we went to the tulip festival in Mount Vernon. There were not many tulips in bloom yet as it has been a cold start to spring, but we made the best of it. There were plenty of daffodils and hyacinth. She has a 8 month old lil girl that we had fun taking pics of with the different colored flowers, then we went to have lunch. It was a great day! Anyways, back to the project.
 
The completed card

Materials:
white 6.5x5 inch card base
purple cardstock cut at 6.25x4.75
a print from the Fresh Floral stack by: DCWV cut at 6x4.5
light blue cardstock cut at 6.25x2 and run through the
seeing spots sizzix embossing folder
grape fizz trendy twine
worn lipstick distress ink
CTMH life is stamp set
Memento ink in cottage ivy and grape jelly
light pink, bright pink, pink gingham, buttercream yellow, and green cardstock for flower
and flower shoppe cricut cartridge
 
Here's more detailed pics of daisy I cut it and leaves out at 3"

Sorry there is not a pic of the center before I rolled it up, which is very easy i might add... 
(even though I am very uncoordinated!)
 as you can see I changed my mind and made more of the larger petals in pink gingham I also inked up both of the inner flower petal parts with worn lipstick distress ink
 and I inked up the leaves with a lil cottage ivy ink
 completed daisy flower

This is my first flower I have ever made from flower shoppe!

Hope you liked! Have a great weekend everyone and a wonderful Easter!!

Boy does this months stamp have a ton of stuff on it. You can get for $17.95, or if you place an order for $50 or more you can get it for just $5.00. a HUGE savings of $12.95!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments!!